Join Vivint Solar: It’s Sunnier Here!
Vivint Solar is the brighter and more affordable way to power your home. We believe people should have a choice in how to produce the energy they use to live every day. This is why we’re making it easy for people nationwide to choose to go solar. We’re proud to be a leader in the renewable energy industry.
The Vivint Solar team is in need of an Electrical Lead who will become a strong contributor and make a difference. In the Electrical Lead role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting electrical components of our residential solar projects.
The Electrical Lead role requires an active and valid Electrical Trainee card in the state of California.
Key Job Duties:
- Install electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property
- Ensure work performed by all electricians is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues
- Work with the Operations Manager and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our solar equipment
- Work with local Inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations
- Interface with Electrical Manager to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements
- Train, mentor and develop Electrical Apprentices
- Maintain high quality control on tools, vehicles and materials needed for job responsibilities
- Keep accurate records of material used and proper documentation on work orders relating to the installation
- Maintain compliance to all PPE and safety regulations per OSHA and Vivint Solar standards
- Perform other needed job tasks as requested by leadership
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Valid and current Electrical Trainee License within the state
- 3+ years experience with electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair
- Minimum of 2-3 years of electrical apprenticeship experience
- Must pass a basic electrical competency assessment
- Understanding of wire and conduit sizing as well as how to make adjustments for environmental factors
- Ability to perform basic electrical calculations
- Ability to read and interpret one line drawings and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of the 2011 NEC and the ability to navigate the guidelines
- Ability to follow instructions and performance guidelines
- Must be willing to work in high places (our installations are on rooftops)
- Working knowledge of the usage of a volt meter
- Working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
- 3+ years experience as Residential Apprentice Electrician
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.