At Vivint Solar, we’re changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That’s why we’re making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we’re doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking an Electrician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. The Electrician is responsible for removing and re-installing, maintaining and troubleshooting electrical components of our residential solar projects. In this role, you will report directly to a Regional Manager within the Field Operations group.
If the state in which you reside mandates an Electrical Trainee card, an active and valid card will be required to be considered for this role.
- Work within a four man team to remove or re-install the racking system and solar panels on residential roofs.
- Maintain a high quality of installation
- Prepare trucks for removal or reinstalls for the upcoming day making sure everything is neat and organized
- Advanced troubleshooting of system issues as identified & scheduled by the corporate Fleet Performance team
- Record and submit service activity on mobile software platforms utilizing company phone/tablet, associated with serviced systems
- Comply with key performance indicators (KPI) set by Regional Field Service Manager
- Attend webinars/calls (correlation meeting(s) as set by Regional Field Service Manager
- Maintain and communicate supply & equipment issues to properly address all service call needs
- Maintain regular communication with field service techs and Fleet Performance Call Center
- Ensure a high level of workmanship is adhered to as service work is performed.
- Ensure work performed by all electricians is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues
- Train, mentor and develop Electrical Apprentices
- Maintain high quality control on tools, vehicles and materials needed for job responsibilities
- Keep accurate records of material used and proper documentation on work orders relating to the installation
- Maintain compliance to all PPE and safety regulations per OSHA and Vivint Solar standards
- Perform other needed job tasks as requested by leadership
- Experience with electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair
- Ability to perform advanced electrical calculations
- Understanding of wire and conduit sizing as well as possess the ability to make adjustments for environmental factors
- Ability to read and interpret one line drawings and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of all versions of the NEC and the ability to navigate the guidelines
- Above average computer skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude & amp; encourage others
- Strong interpersonal/human relations and customer service skills
- Proficient analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skill-set
- Must be willing to work in high places (our installations are on rooftops)
- 4+ years of electrical installation and repair experience
- Working knowledge of the usage of a volt meter
- Working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
- Experiencing diagnosing and repair existing systems and electrical components.
- Understanding of network functions, IP address knowledge, internet connection and troubleshooting of low voltage circuits.
- Must have a clean driving record and ability to pass a background check and drug test
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.