We need a Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting that will be a solid contributor and leader and report to the SEC Reporting Manager. This position will work with a variety of regulatory filings, and will continually gain experience with US GAAP and SEC regulations. In addition to financial reporting responsibilities, this person will own general ledger duties as assigned as part of the monthly close process.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports to be filed with the SEC and others.
- Maintain supporting evidence for SEC and other filings.
- Work with departments within the organization to obtain financial information while maintaining reporting time tables.
- Assist in preparation and review of XBRL tagging.
- Own assigned general ledger activities, including lease activities, prepare the related journal entries and perform assigned reconciliations.
- Assist with stock-based compensation accounting.
- Conduct technical accounting research and document new policies as assigned.
- Assist in addressing internal and external auditor requests.
- Document new and update existing policies and procedures to comply with SOX as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and GAAP accounting skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize multiple assignments.
- Experience working independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercising discretion with sensitive information.
- 2-5 years of accounting experience.
- Public accounting and/or SEC experience preferred.
- Current CPA preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Competent with MS Office (Excel and Word) and familiar with ERP systems.
- XBRL experience a plus.
- SOX compliance experience preferred – implementation, facilitation and design.
One more thing...you’ll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.