Join Vivint Solar: It’s Sunnier Here!
Vivint Solar is the brighter and more affordable way to power your home. We believe people should have a choice in how to produce the energy they use to live every day. This is why we’re making it easy for people nationwide to choose to go solar. We’re proud to be a leader in the renewable energy industry.
Vivint Solar is looking for a Permit Packet Designer that will be a solid contributor and leader. The Packet Designer will manage and approve the necessary documents and files associated with the site surveys.
Key Job Duties:
- Manage and approve site surveys
- Approving site survey documents.
- Assuring that all files are in order prior to the CAD permit packet being prepared
- Reviewing Suneye files
- Providing production PV and Electrical designer support
- Supply technical support for all Electrical designer software
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Maintain Electrical document archive and retrieval for projects
- Conduct project related model reviews
- Analyzing electrical photographs to determine the proper interconnection method to
- be used when attaching a Solar PV system to a home
- Determining general state of Electrical systems.
- Ability to answer electrical questions related to our policies and the office and city
- Reviewing site specific documentation of existing roof systems
- Performing structural reviews to verify the structural capacity of existing roof
- Preparing structural reports for distribution to regional offices
- Coordinating with internal teams to move accounts through operational process
- Performing other duties and assignments as given by management
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Have computer-aided drafting experience (AutoCAD, Inventor, EDS max, etc.).
- Have basic electrical understanding.
- Have Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Word, and other computer experience.
- Experience reading and interpreting one line drawings and electrical schematics
- Technical understanding and prior application of the NEC, specifically as it relates to
- Communication proficiency.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve situations that arise through electrical 1-lines/3- lines and
- general interconnection situations.
- Knowledge of NEC, drafting techniques, and familiarity with MEP engineering
- Experience with verification of existing conditions.
- Ability to perform advanced electrical calculations.
- Coding and programming experience a plus. JAVA and VBA programming
- experience desired.
- Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Word, and other computer experience required
- Solar installation or design experience a plus
- Residential construction understanding with roof layout a plus
- Engineering background a plus (engineering student and/or work experience)
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.