Join Vivint Solar: It’s Sunnier Here!
Vivint Solar is the brighter and more affordable way to power your home. We believe people should have a choice in how to produce the energy they use to live every day. This is why we’re making it easy for people nationwide to choose to go solar. We’re proud to be a leader in the renewable energy industry.
Vivint Solar is looking for a HR Communications Manager who will manage all HR communications campaigns and initiatives. They will play a fundamental role in creating strategies that improve and track the employee experience, assist in our recruiting “Sunnier Here” employee referral program and community/campus recruiting, and attract future employees to Vivint Solar. Take a leadership role in the strategy development and content development, editing, and writing on behalf of or performed by the Human Resources team. This involves providing guidance on communication strategies and solutions; producing communication materials to advance Human Resources priorities; identifying, developing, and/or editing content for Human Resources; and developing solutions leveraging other media.
Key Job Duties:
- Responsible for driving Vivint Solar company culture through an ongoing schedule of marketing communication campaigns, events, incentives, etc.
- Responsible for overall Human Resources communications strategy in consultation with Human Resources leadership team
- Help drive Benefit programs – both awareness and adoption.
- Devise and drive the external recruiting messaging and strategy. For example, would devise a work-at-home recruiting campaign to help find candidates or drive a campus recruiting and advertising plan
- Create manager communication tools/plan to get information on various HR program related to compensation, benefits, key HR processes out to management.
- Expand range, depth, and effectiveness of content and messaging to elevate awareness and understanding of Human Resources tools, products, processes, policies, and programs.
- Responsible for executing on the communication vehicles to support Human Resources recruiting strategies, and Human Resources internal “Sunnier Here” campaigns.
- Responsible for enhancing content, usability, and effectiveness of the Human Resources website including leading efforts to migrate the Human Resources website from the current platform to the next generation platform.
- Own the Human Resources communication calendar by driving key messages for processes and programs.
- Develop marketing content for recruiting initiatives for social media, internal programs (such as training programs, driving adoption of key benefits, etc)
- Ensure all marketing activities are run effectively and to business and branding standards, with strong collaboration to the marketing team
- Participate, drive communications strategy and execution on cross promotional initiatives
- Analyze employee data to identify and implement process changes that will eliminate customer pain points and improve the customer experience
- Provide direction and guidance on the development of on-boarding tools and messaging that goes to all new hires
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Ability to conduct market research, perform competitive analysis, and develop competitive strategies
- Create compelling, engaging and cutting edge communication and ways to deliver the message in a variety of channels including email, podcasts, social media, etc.
- Experience in working with management, finance, sales, and other internal departments to provide regular updates and feedback and maintain the continual flow of information
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop social media campaigns that help to achieve corporate marketing goals
- Analyze the long-term needs of the HR social media strategy and provide regular reports that outline any recommended changes to the digital marketing plan
- Oversee marketing partnerships to jointly create cohesive internal and external campaigns
- Very strong written, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional publishing and printing skills, including the skill to effectively present concepts verbally.
- Most possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a professional approach to management
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to influence and advise internal partners on marketing strategy and direction
- Experience with a wide range of marketing channels and an understanding of how to use each channel to achieve business goals
- Experience converting data into useful insights and, ultimately, detailing the employee experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience planning and executing communications campaigns and leading marketing initiatives in a mid to large company of at least 1,000 employees
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing, business administration or the equivalent
- Proactive self-starter and can identify what needs to be done and craft the thought process and drive implementation on a decision or project with minimal oversight.
- 2+ years strong copy skills with the ability to write concisely, naturally, with impact to readers
- 2+ years of social media experience
- Previous responsibility for development of digital marketing materials
- You have been identified as a “superstar” in your previous company experience
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.